[USA] The Peter and Alice von Loesecke Scholarship 2010/2011
Deadline: April 16, 2010
The MBA Tour has established a scholarship foundation called the "Peter and Alice von Loesecke Scholarship Foundation". The purpose of The Foundation is to award 1 or 2 scholarships each year to a candidate who best exemplifies the criteria for the award and continues to demonstrate during their MBA studies an interest in pursuing those objectives for which the scholarship was awarded. Each year The Foundation will announce the criteria for which the scholarship is awarded.
The foundation will consider the following circumstances for the scholarship award:
- The student is leaving a family business to go to business school
- The student is a currently an entrepreneur
- The student could not afford to return to a family business or an entrepreneurial business without financial assistance
- The student is currently working in a developed country and wants to return home after his or her education to work in a family business or start a business and will need financial assistance to do so
- The student is a foreign national living and working in a developing economy and wants to start a business in that country after getting their MBA
The award criteria will be socially motivated to include:
- A desire to return to a home country to grow a family business and create employment
- A desire to create a socially responsible entrepreneurial venture (e.g. micro lending, basic health care delivery in poverty stricken rural areas)
- A desire to work for an international lending organization providing loans for projects in developing countries
- A former volunteer or employee of a public service organization (e.g. veteran of the armed forces, peace corps volunteer, or an NGO)
The Foundation will receive nominations no later than by April 16, 2010. Nominees must have attended one of our events where their nominating school was present.
- April 16th, 2010 is the deadline for nominations.
- May 14th, 2010 is the deadline for nominee applications
- June 11th, 2010 we will announce MBA Tour finalists and semi-finalists.
Click here for more information about the scholarships