New Zealand ASEAN Scholar Awards
Economic, Social, and Political
Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Burma, Philippines, Vietnam
The New Zealand-ASEAN Scholar Awards recognise New Zealand’s close cultural, economic, and geographic ties with South-east Asia. The programme are funded by the New Zealand Aid Programme, the New Zealand Government’s international development programme and managed by the New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
- be a citizen of one of the eligible countries and have resided in that country for at least two years at the time of application
- not have citizenship/permanent residence status for New Zealand or Australia
- not be married or engaged to be married to a person who holds New Zealand or Australian citizenship or permanent residence status
- not hold or have held a New Zealand Government or Australia Government scholarship in the preceding 24 months at the time of application
- not be seeking support for a degree programme already commenced
- not hold a qualification at a similar level or in a similar field of study at similar level (this means holders of bachelor degrees should apply for Masters or PhD and Masters graduates should apply for PhD study)
- be available to take up the scholarships in the calendar year for which the scholarship is offered
- hold a bachelor degree of strong academic merit that is relevant to the proposed post graduate qualification
- have a minimum IELTS (academic) results of 5.5 overall, with no band less than 5.0 and results to be no older than 24 months at time of application
- satisfy the admission requirements of the New Zealand institution in which the degree programme is to be undertaken, including that institution’s English language criteria.
Application Form (PDF)