[Netherland] Entrepreneurial Manager scholarships
Entrepreneurial Manager scholarships (4) Sponsored by Nyenrode Business Universiteit. Essays should include responses to both Part 1 and Part 2 as outlined below:
Select either 1a or 1b below:
- Please argue either for or against the following statement: "Careers no longer depend on structures, titles and hierarchies, but on self-knowledge, imagination, contacts and appetites for risk." (Spectator, 22 August, 2007) Try to reveal in your answer both your analytical abilities as well as your personal perspective. (Limit: 500 words).
- Please argue either for or against the following statement: "Entrepreneurs are born, not made." Try to reveal in your answer both your analytical abilities as well as your personal perspective. (Limit: 500 words).
Select either 2a or 2b below:
- In what way do you envision yourself making a difference during your lifetime? (either in your home country or globally.) How will getting an MBA at Nyenrode help to achieve this goal / these goals? (Limit: 500 words)
- Would you describe yourself as having an entrepreneurial mindset? Please elaborate, giving specific examples from your work history and future personal goals. (Limit: 500 words).
Amount full tuition (preferential rate for early sign-up)
Special conditions open to students from any nationality
Scholarship application deadline: May 31, 2008.
Scholarship selection process
A Nyenrode committee will screen all written scholarship applications and will select no more than three candidates to proceed to the final round. These selected candidates will be invited to present their essays to the Scholarship Jury in July. The presentation will take 30 minutes including questions from the jury. Should the candidate live abroad, the presentation can be conducted by telephone or video conferencing. The jury will make a decision regarding allocation of the scholarship to one of the three candidates after the presentations. The committee and the jury reserve the right not to award the scholarship. The outcome of the scholarship competition will be announced in June 2008.
How to apply for a scholarship?
Please read the procedure below carefully.
IMBA Scholarships Procedure
- In order to start the scholarship application process, please fill in the scholarship registration form. The Scholarship Officer will confirm your registration by e-mail.
- You may apply for a maximum number of three scholarships, but can be awarded only one. Please submit your scholarship essay(s) to email@example.com. The Scholarship Officer will confirm receipt of your scholarship application(s).
- Your scholarship essay(s) will only be reviewed by the Scholarship Committee after you have been admitted into the International MBA program.
- The deadline for submitting scholarship essays is May 31st, 2008. Please be reminded that by this date you must also have submitted your complete application package for the IMBA Program. Candidates who fail to apply for the IMBA program before this deadline will not be considered for the scholarship competition.
- The Scholarship Committee will select three candidates per scholarship to proceed to the final round. The selected candidates will be invited to present their essays to the Scholarship Jury. The scholarship essay and program application will both be considered when awarding scholarships.
- The presentations will take place at Nyenrode Business Universiteit or if necessary via telephone or video conferencing before the end of June, 2008.
- Scholarships will be deducted from the tuition fee of the International MBA program. There are no cash awards. The student should be prepared to cover all other program related expenses including living expenses and the Dutch study visa fee.
- Scholarships will only be valid for the 2008/2009 International MBA program and cannot be transferred in case of deferral.
Mrs. Bianca van Eunen - Hummel,
Telephone +31 346 291 720
For more information about this program please visit: http://www.nyenrode.nl/imba/index.cfm?nav=scholarships2008