Minority Programs in Education Ford Foundation Scholarship
The MPIE Ford Foundation Scholarship is a need-based scholarship for African American/Black, American Indian/Alaskan Native, Asian American/Pacific Islander, and Hispanic students. The purpose is to attract capable and promising minority students to pursue teaching careers.
Fall July 1, Spring–November 15
- Must demonstrate financial need and be cleared by the UCF Office of Student Financial Assistance to receive financial aid.
- Must be a member of the following racial/ethnic groups: African American/Black, American Indian/Alaskan Native, Asian American/Pacific Islander, or Hispanic/Latino.
- Must be a resident of the state of Florida.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or resident alien.
- Must be admitted to and attending the UCF College of Education as an undergraduate degree seeking student.
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student (at least 12 hours) in the term in which the award is received.
- For scholarship eligibility and renewal, a participant must have and maintain at least a 2.5 gpa and demonstrate financial need.
- Scholarship Application
- Proof of residency (copy of Florida Driver's License, Green Card, Passport)
- Transcripts for all colleges attended
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Complete online at www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Two letters of recommendation
- Current resume
- Knights E-Mail Account
Receipt of Application and Supporting Documents
The application and all supporting documents must be received in the MPIE office on or before the deadline (Fall–July 1, Spring–November 15). Applications may be delivered via the U.S. Mail (and postmarked by deadline), faxed, or hand delivered. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered
Click here for further scholarship information and application (PDF)