[Japan] Ajinomoto Scholarships for ASEAN International Students 2012
Sciences( except medicine and veterinary medicine)
Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, or Vietnam
Ajinomoto Scholarships aims to cultivate individuals capable of leading Asia in the twenty-first century and to contribute to the development of Asia and the world as well as to mutual understanding between these countries and Japan.
- Applicants must be citizens of Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, or Vietnam.
- Applicants must have graduated or be expected to graduate with an excellent academic record (with 16 years of education completed or expected to be completed) and must receive the recommendation of their university president or academic advisor or be otherwise qualified to enroll in the University of Tokyo.
- Applicants must be under the age of 35 on April 1, 2012.
- In principle, the applicant must be able to obtain approval of acceptance as a Postgraduate International Research Student (hereinafter "Research Student"), from the University of Tokyo and be registered as a Research Student for April 2012 or October 2012.
However, the applicant may enroll directly as a master's course student of some graduate schools in the University of Tokyo. In that case, the applicant must be able to obtain approval of enrollment from the University of Tokyo and be registered as a master's course student for Apr 2012 or Oct 2012.
- Applicants must acquire adequate Japanese language proficiency that is required in 2/11 order to research and study in a master's course, when enrolling as a master's course student of the University of Tokyo.
- Applicants must apply from the above 5 countries and be able to attend selection procedures when necessary.
- Applicants must be in good physical and mental health and have a strong motivation for learning.
- Applicants must not be receiving other scholarships.