[Italy] 6 PhD Fellowships in ICT, Scuola Sant'Anna
Non EU citizens
The Ph.D. in Innovative Technologies of Information & Communication Engineering and Robotics is a three-year residential program with highly interdisciplinary connotation
Applicants, with no restriction on nationality, must hold a Master of Science (M.Sc.) or a Master of Arts (M.A.) or equivalent title.
Applicants should not be older than 35 years on June 20, 2011; older than 35 may be exceptionally admitted by the Examination Committee.
the candidates whose native language is not English should hold an internationally acknowledged certificate specifying their intermediate-level of English knowledge.
Positions and Grants:
6 positions with 6 fellowships (amounting to € 14.500 per year + free meals at school's canteen + Campus facilities):
- 1 positions for curriculum Embedded Systems
- 1 positions for curriculum Telecommunications
- 3 positions for Biorobotics
- 1 position for Perceptual Robotics
The School reserves the possibility of accepting up to a maximum of 6 further students without grant or other forms of financial support.
2 positions announced in this Call are dedicated to candidates with Research Projects in the field of Micro-Biorobotics, since the scholarships assigned are supported within the Agreement that Scuola Sant'Anna subscribed with Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia (IIT) of Genova with the aim of promoting fundamental and applied research and creating a Research Center in Micro-BioRobotics at Scuola Sant'Anna.
How to Apply?
Candidates are requested to apply online at: www.sssup.it/phdapplicationonline by June 20, 2011, 12.00 pm GMT. In case of problems with the online application, please contact the PhD Admin. Office (tel. +39 050 88.33.36/83, e-mail: [email protected]).
An hardcopy of the application (signed by the candidate), together with the enclosures requested, must reach by June 24, 2011, regardless of forwarding date:
Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna
Divisione Formazione Universitaria e alla Ricerca
Piazza Martiri della Libertà 33
56127 PISA, Italy
"Application PhD in Innovative Technologies" must be written on the envelope.
Application and attachments
- Enclosures to the hard copy of the applications:
- the copy of their passport;
- two copies of their complete Curriculum Vitae et Studiorum covering scientific training, professional experiences, publications and all other information that might help in the evaluation of the candidate; please use the UE model. ;
- photocopy of Candidate's University Master Degree (to be translated in Italian or in English except those written in French, German, Spanish)
- the detailed list of academic courses taken. This list should contain information regarding credits, units (or equivalent) received, the grades received for each class taken, and the date when the final (or semester) examination was taken;
- one a copy of their degree thesis (or two abstracts in English) and a copy of any other publication that they deem suitable;
- the certificates of knowledge of the English language;
- two copies of a Research Project, of no more than 3.000 words which describes the research activities that applicants would like to perform during the PhD course. The Research Project will include:
- a title;
- the scientific premises and the relevant bibliography;
- the aim and expectations of the research;
- the experimental methods and data analysis methods which will be used, where required;suitable;
- at least two recommendation letters written by Faculty Members or other academics who have assessed and/or supervised the applicant's work during his/her university studies, offering a comparative evaluation of the learning achievements, research potential, maturity, and professional inclinations of the candidate;
- a numbered list of the documents attached.
tel. +39 050 88.33.36, +39 050 88.33.83