The Gates Cambridge Scholarships 2011
Deadline: December 1, 2010
The Gates Cambridge Scholarship is highly competitive international scholarship programme for graduate study and research at the University of Cambridge. All applicants apply simultaneously for admission to the University and for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship. The Trust does not admit or place scholars.
Who is Eligible
- may be citizens of any country outside the United Kingdom.
- may apply to study any subject available at the University of Cambridge.
- may apply to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study:
- PhD (three year research-only degree)
- One year postgraduate course (e.g. MPhil, LLM, MASt, Diploma, MBA etc.)
- MSc or MLitt (two year research-only degree)
- MBBChir Clinical Studies (four year postgraduate degree)
- must be admitted to one of the degrees above at Cambridge through the University's normal admission procedures. The Trust does not admit students.
- must be well prepared for the Cambridge course for which they are applying and must meet all of the conditions for admission specified by the University (e.g. academic, English language proficiency, if required, and any other conditions set).
- must be able to show evidence of high academic achievement, leadership potential, social commitment and a good fit with Cambridge.
- who are already studying at Cambridge are only eligible to apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship if they are applying for a new course of study (e.g. a one year ‘MPhil only’ student may apply for funding to continue on to the PhD). Candidates already studying at Cambridge who are not applying for a new course of study (e.g. have already started their PhD) are not eligible to be considered for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship.
15 October for USA
1 December fro non USA
Click here to read more information about The Gates Cambridge Scholarships 2011