Ford Foundation International Fellowships Program for East Africa
Deadline: February 2, 2010
The Ford Foundation International Fellowships Program (IFP) was started in East Africa in the year 2000, with a regional secretariat based at the Inter University Council of East Africa (IUCEA) offices, Kampala, Uganda. In order to serve the East African region effectively, the Program opened offices in Kenya and Tanzania in October 2003.
The Economic and Social Research Foundation (ESRF) is hosting the program in Tanzania, and the Forum for African Women Educationalists (FAWE) is the host in Kenya. The Association for Higher Education Advancement and Development (AHEAD) is hosting the program in Uganda.
Who may Apply:
Applicants must be Tanzania nationals or East Africa nationals residents in Tanzania who are able to:
- Demonstrate superior achievement in their undergraduate studies.
- Have not yet studied outside the Africa Region.
- Have more than three years work experiences in community service or development-related activities, related to their proposed field of study.
- Possess leadership potential evidenced by their employment and academic experience.
- Not currently enrolled in a Masters' or Doctoral degree program,
- For those who have a Masters' degree, in addition to the required minimum three years of work experience, must have worked after Masters' degree for a minimum of one year.
- Propose to pursue a post-Graduate study that will directly enhance their leadership capacity in a practical, policy, academic, or artistic discipline or field corresponding to one or more of the Foundation's areas of endeavor.
- Present a plan specifying how they will apply their studies to social problems or development issues in Tanzania.
- Commit themselves to working on these aspects after completing their studies.
How to Apply:
All applications must be posted through EMS or delivered by hand at the IFP Tanzania Office which is situated at the Economic and Social Research Foundation (ESRF) in Dar es Salaam in envelopes clearly marked MASTERS to:
The Program Coordinator
Ford Foundation International Fellowship Program in Tanzania
Economic and Social Research Foundation (ESRF)
51 Uporoto Street, Ursino Estates
P.O. Box 31226
DAR ES SALAAM, Tanzania
Telephone: +255 22 2762473 / 2760260
Telefax: +255 22 2762472 / 2760062
E-mail: [email protected]
Application Form: www.ifptanzania.esrftz.org/announcements_2011_12.asp