[England] Postgraduate Adult Returner Bursaries 2010/2011 from University of Edinburgh
Deadline: July 30, 2010
The University is offering six bursaries intended to assist with child-care costs to UK and EU students who are returning to Higher Education study at the University of Edinburgh after a break of at least 3 years. The bursaries will have a maximum value of £3,000 per annum. Bursaries will be awarded for one year in the first instance, however successful applicants pursuing a postgraduate degree programme of more than one year in length will be eligible to apply for a further bursary in subsequent years.
Who may Apply:
- The bursaries will be awarded to mature UK/EU citizens who are returning to higher education after at least three years away from university. Applicants should already have been offered a full-time postgraduate place at the University of Edinburgh (in any study discipline) and should have firmly accepted that offer.
- The bursary will be available to help towards the cost of registered or formal childcare, particularly assisting single parents. Formal childcare includes childminders, after school clubs and providers of day-care and education.
How to Apply:
- For application download Application Form (PDF)
- A completed bursary application form, together with a copy of your offer of admission letter onto a postgraduate degree programme of study should be received by the Scholarships and Student Finance Office by the closing date of 30 July 2010 in order to be considered for the bursary.
- Applicants can also request one to be sent to them from:
The Scholarships and Student Finance Office
The University of Edinburgh
Telephone: +44 131 651 4070
- To be awarded a bursary, you must have received and then firmly accepted an offer, either conditional or unconditional, of a place by 30 July 2010. The award will be conditional on admission to the University and provision of proof that you are incurring formal child-care costs.
- All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their bursary application during August 2010.
Click here to read more information about the scholarships