e8 Scholarship Programme
US$ 23,000 per year for up to two years are offered for Masters level students
e8 Scholarship Programme offers two-year scholarships to Masters and Post-Doctoral students who wants to take advanced studies in sustainable energy development and to encourage meaningful contributions to the collective body of knowledge about this subject.
e8 is a non-profit international organization, composed of 10 world leading electricity companies, whose mission is to play an active role in global electricity issues within the international framework and to promote sustainable energy development through electricity sector projects and human capacity building activities in developing and emerging nations worldwide.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, students must
- plan to undertake studies at the Masters level in areas directly related to sustainable energy development
- be citizens of the developing countries and territories identified for OECD official development aid in the DAC List of ODA Recipients effective as of 2006
How to apply?
Information and the application form can be obtained online by clicking on this link to the Application Forms page.
It is preferable to transmit application packages by EMAIL To facilitate processing, please label your attachments as follows:
You may also send your application package by special delivery or regular airmail. Please note that applications that arrive to the e8 GS after the deadline will not be considered.
All applicants must provide:
- application form fully completed;
- curriculum vitæ;
- applicant statement
Please attach the form "Applicant's Statement form – Masters Degree" provided for this purpose. The form may be downloaded from www.e8.org scholarship section.
- copies of transcripts for degrees and final grades
- Bachelors transcripts
- letter of acceptance from an approved academic institution to undertake studies in sustainable energy development;
- if your admission is pending, please include evidence that you have applied for admission;
- if your admission has been deferred, please included the university deferral confirmation;
- If this application is for the second year of a two-year programme, please include a certificate of enrolment and your results for the first year.
- academic reference
Please attach the form "Masters Academic Reference" provided for this purpose. The form may be downloaded from www.e8.org scholarship section.
- personal reference, in letter form, must be dated and come from a person (not family member) who can discuss other personal qualities or interest that make you specially qualified to receive the scholarship.
- proof of citizenship. Refer to the eligibility section above for country eligibility
Please note that any other documents than the ones mentioned above will not be reviewed by the academic panel.